The Latino Business Professional market and audience is growing fast!
Negocios Now, a national award-winning publication, is seeking a Part-Time Journalist for our B2B media company.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
• Write articles and interview in English about the Latino business community
• Assist with our weekly newsletter
• Assist with sponsored content clients
• Some proposal writing experience helpful
• Interview experience, follow up with sources and potential advertising clients
• Engage with people in the community, promote our media products and serve as an ambassador for Latinos in business news and our mission
• Be an effective communicator
• Work on tight deadlines
• Valid Driver’s License is required
We want self-sufficient storytellers who can create memorable content for our digital, social media and broadcast platforms. You must be able to take a story from concept to completion every day. Successful candidates will join a corps of community journalists who will report hyper-local stories. We regard this as a mid-level position and we will mentor you to prepare for future career opportunities if desired. You should be as comfortable in front of the camera as you are behind it and truly love the art of telling a good story.
You will be expected to produce various styles for various platforms. You must be able to research, set-up, shoot, edit, and write content on a daily basis. You must be able to root-out unique local Latino market business stories with a broad appeal.
We want respected, knowledgeable, and ethical representatives. You must be willing to work flexible shifts. Candidates should submit work showing informative, creative & innovative uses of video, images, graphics, writing, shooting
Experienced Adobe Premier and/or Dalet One-Cut is a plus, Google Docs, Google Drive, some photo and photo editing experience is a must. Social media experience and publishing a must.
Degree in Journalism or similar and 3+ years work related experience. To apply, please include a resume and cover letter and at least five work samples
This is part-time with potential for