Roberto Perez, CEO of HILCO (Courtesy)
|WHAT||On Tuesday, 6/18, Chicago Public Schools is joined by Chicago-based Hilco Redevelopment Partners through their charitable organization, Hilco Helps, to donate thousands of English and Spanish language books for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students across 50 schools as part of the city’s Summer Reading Initiative.
Hilco Redevelopment Partners is joined by Success Bound, an initiative of the Lefkofsky Family Foundation, as a corporate partner dedicated to the support of the Summer Reading Initiative.
|WHEN / WHERE||Tuesday, June 18, 1:30 – 2:30 P.M.
Richard J. Daley Elementary School
5024 S Wolcott Avenue
Chicago, IL 60609
Parking lot located off 51st and Wolcott. The school entrance is located on Wolcott Avenue.
|WHO||· Gary Epstein: Executive Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer at Hilco Global and Executive Director of Hilco Helps
· Jane Fleming: Director of Literacy, Chicago Public Schools
· Liz Lefkofsky: Executive Director of the Lefkofsky Family Foundation
· Rachel Orlowski: Associate Director of Development, Children First Fund
· Kamilah L. Hampton: Principal, Daley Elementary
|WHY||The Summer Reading Initiative is designed to foster a love of reading and increase independent reading among CPS students in the intermediate grades during the summer months. Through this program, students can establish stronger connections with new teachers and peers to support the transition back to school and families are provided increased access to resources and educational programs.
Hilco Redevelopment Partners is dedicated to making a positive impact within the communities in which they work and is proud to assist many organizations and initiatives who share a similar mission. Through its charitable organization Hilco Helps, HRP has donated both time and millions of dollars of goods, services and financial assistance to people in need in Chicago and across the world.
|VISUALS||· Thousands of books being distributed to 200+ students of Daley Elementary School in Chicago’s Back of the Yards neighborhood
· CPS representatives engaging students and sharing an overview of the Summer Reading Initiative
· Hilco Redevelopment Partners representatives connecting with students and faculty on the importance of supporting the Summer Reading Initiative
· Students engaging in an arts and crafts activity with faculty, volunteers and corporate donors
· Interviews with CPS representatives
· Interviews with Hilco Redevelopment Partners representatives
· Event photos will be available immediately following event if interested
|CONTACT||Jen Scully / Res Publica Group