Nicado Publishing Company, Inc
701 Main Street, Suite 200A
Evanston, IL 60202
NEGOCIOS NOW, Nicado Publishing Company’s flagship publication, creates and participates in several events annually, offering customized sponsorship opportunities at many levels. These events include ‘Who’s Who in Hispanic Chicago Gala’, Latinos 40 under 40, Supplier Diversity: Empowering the Latino business community, and other local and national.
The part-time Event Sponsorship Sales Executive to join our growing team. The individual should be energetic with a positive attitude and a true team player. This position will work 30 hours per week and is benefit eligible. It is located in the Evanston office and some travel and weekend work might be required.
- Generate new business by securing sponsorships
- Coordinate with marketing and sales team members
- Collaborate with the publisher to create custom sales packages based on client needs
- Maintain database and report weekly sales in requested formats
- Ensure onsite client satisfaction (would need to be present at all events)
- Coordinate the event from beginning to end, including receptions (if this applies) and timelines.
- Cooperate with the Company member to find venues and event providers.
- Minimum of two (2) years of event sales experience
- Self-starter, creative thinker who can prospect, present and close accounts
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Ability to work within a team dynamic
- Ability to create PowerPoints and customized pitch decks for presentation purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Encourage repeat business through excellent customer service
- Flexibility to travel to attend events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of experience
- Media and event sponsorship sales experience preferred
About Nicado Publishing
Nicado Publishing Company (NPC) was founded in 2006 focused on the Hispanic niche market. In the summer of NPC launched Negocios Now, a national award-winning publication is the Midwest’s most dynamic news source for growing Hispanic businesses, focusing primarily on business owners, entrepreneurs and economic development in the Latino community.
Negocios Now has received more than 15 awards from the National Association of Hispanic Publications (NAHP). In May 2012, The Chicago Headline Club, a leading association of local professional journalists, awarded Negocios Now the Peter Lisagor Award for General Excellence, a first for a Hispanic newspaper in Chicago.
Publisher Clemente Nicado, former International Correspondent and one of the founders of the Tribune Spanish newspaper, HOY, is the author of “Así lo hicieron”, a 2012 book featuring profiles of outstanding Hispanic business people in the Chicago area. In 2014 NPC launched the first Who’s Who in Hispanic Chicago special edition and Gala event with resounding support from community members and Chicago leaders and last year the first “Latinos 40 Under 40” in the Chicago area. Nicado is currently one of a board member of the NAHP and one of the most awarded Latino journalists in the country with 25 national awards. In 2018, Nicado was named “Latino Publisher of the Year” by NAHP.