7 New Laws In Chicago And How They Will Affect Us
New Year is always the time for changes. Be it in a job, family, or house. However, there are also bigger changes that affect a whole City and in this case, are the new laws. This year has seen already 7 laws that will make a big change in our community. Here we tell you about the 7 new laws in Chicago and how they will affect us.
Minimum Wage Increase
Like every other year, the minimum wage will receive an increase. It will be raised to $15 for large businesses and to $14.50 for small businesses. That means 20 people or less. The other change is the minimum wage for tipped workers which will see an increase to $9. Without a doubt, those are great news for every worker in the city.
Business Relief Extension
Automated Speed Enforcement
Accessory Dwelling Unit Legalization
- North Zone. Which covers West Ridge, Edgewater, Uptown, Lake View, North Center, and Lincoln Square.
- Northwest zone. This one covers parts of Albany Park, Irving Park, Avondale, Hermosa, Logan Square, West Town, Near West Side, and East Garfield Park.
- West Zone. Which encompasses parts of East Garfield Park, West Garfield Park, North Lawndale, and South Lawndale (Little Village).
- South zone areas like parts of the Ashburn, Auburn Gresham, West Lawn, Chicago Lawn, Washington Heights, Roseland, Chatham, Greater Grand Crossing, Englewood, West Englewood, Washington Park, and Woodlawn community areas; and,
- Southeast zone that takes parts of the South Chicago, East Side, South Deering, and Hegewisch community areas.
Vehicle Fuel Tax and Cloud Tax
The only change so far was an increase in the $2 per-hour zones which was increased to $2.25.